Sunday, March 16, 2008

Creative Venn Diagram

Here is my creative Venn Diagram. I compared Lon Po Po with the traditional Little Red Riding Hood and also Petite Rouge to the traditional Little Red Riding Hood.

I used the traditional Venn Diagram circles. This is easier for me to see the similarities between the different pieces of literature. I think since I compared three different works, the traditional circles worked best. Instead of making my Venn Diagram fill in the blank, I made it to be more of an example for my classroom. Since I will be teaching high school, students would like an example to go by, instead of "what goes here" types of interaction. I feel that my students could definitely do this in my class! I would have students compare classic works to contemporary works, or a classic work with a children's book. How much fun would high schoolers have?!

Here is a link from google with lots of Little Red Riding Hood activities!

Don't forget to check out the fractured fairytale page, too!


The whole Venn Diagram:





The Petite Rouge side.....



The Lon Po Po side.....


A closer look at the whole thing.....

Now, go make your own!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love your Venn Diagram!!!!! so fun!

Dr. Frye said...

I love the idea of comparing 3 versions! And I love the cajun hot sauce! Would you consider a Persona Poem for 3 voices? What do you think for high school students?